VULNERABLE & UNDER PRIVILEGED CHILDREN STATUS IN ODISHA STATE OF INDIA
• Children below 18 years of age constitute 38.8% of the total population in Odisha.
• In 0-6 years aged children; the number of female children is 952 per 1000 male children. This is even less in some of the districts.
• Barely 14% of births are properly registered indicating the name, nationality
• In every 1000 live births, 77 children die before attaining 1 year of age.
• 47 newborn babies dies in every 1000 live births before 28-days of life.
• 54.4% babies born in are under weight at the time of birth.
• 61.71% of 0-3 years aged children are suffering from either type of malnutrition.
• Out of every 100 enrolled children, 32 dropout before completing primary Education. The rate of dropout in Primary Level among Scheduled Tribe Children stands at 52 percent.
• Out of every 68 children complete primary education, 33 are dropped before the completion of upper primary schooling.
• 55% children of Scheduled Caste and 69.5% children of Scheduled Tribes have dropped out of school.
• 23% of girls are married before attaining the legal age of marriage of 18 years. It is more than 40% in the district of Malkanagiri, Nabarangpur, Koraput, Boudh and Gajapati.
• Out of every 1000 children 0-14 years of aged group, 20 of them suffer from either type of disability.